Friday, October 7, 2011

Konica Auto 1.6 Basic Tools

These are basic tools I use to repair cameras.
Konica Auto 1.6 uses slotted screws. The best slotted screw driver I used was Moody screw drivers. I bought them from Sears but I lost them. It had interchangeable heads and I lost my best slotted tip driver. The black drivers you see are Craftsman. They are too long but works O.K. until I buy another set of Moody Screw drivers.

The blue screw drivers in the middle are JIS style screw drivers. I use them to repair the cameras with phillips screw heads. They are Moody drivers and made in U.S.A.  I recommend Moody tools because they stand behind their product by offering lifetime warranty. The one on the right's tip broke when I was taking out very tight screws on a lens. It has been replaced free by kind eBay seller who sells Moody tools . I also have Niwa screw drivers but if I break the tips, I have to buy new tips as they have no warranty.

Different subject but I bought strong arm rear hatch rods on my car from Advanced Auto. They said they have life time warranty. My car needed a new battery so I went to Advance Auto to buy the battery and at the same time asked them about the lift gate strong arm rods which started to leak. The counter sales rep looked at my account and saw nothing. I asked them what happened to the life time warranty. He laughed and said they are limited life time. What is limited warranty?  They do not know I drive my car life time. It is now 24 years old. I hate companies that say anything to make a buck. In this case I paid close $100. It is better to buy parts from the junk yard than buy new junks from you know where country.

The Moody tools, on the other hand, have life time warranty. No limited is used by them. I will continue to support this rare American company. It it now almost impossible to find such a nice company.
I bought my Moody tools from this eBay seller's store and I recommend buying from them.