Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Minolta SRT 101

The shutter jamming is probably caused by self-timer stopped moving during the release cycle. I will take it out for clean and lube.

The top cover is removed.
 I made mistake and the meter string came off :) I will have fun putting it back on later.
 The bottom side.
 The self-time is out of the camera for clean and lube.
 There is a light shield on the bottom of the mirror cage and I will be replacing it.
 I think Minolta made the first SLR with two meter cells for two segment metering system. They used this so that when you are shooting with sky on the back ground, you will still get reasonably good exposed image if you are shooting a person. I have not tested the meter yet and I hope it is still working. I will be cleaning the shutter bearings and applying the shutter oils at the shutter curtains. The slow speed governor is on the top side so I will do clean and lube and adjustment when I put back the mirror cage.