Friday, March 2, 2012

Petri 7S Circle Eye 45mm f1.8

I have finished on Wards RF45 but the battery holder's contact fell inside after I put back everything. I want to cry.
I will not touch that camera again until I have nothing else to do.

Petri 7S



I have started on Petri 7S Circle Eye with 45mm f1.8. Petri 7S comes with the faster lens or with the slower, 45mm f2.8, lens. Both are the same cameras except the lens.

The problem to solve: The shutter. The shutter winds but releases itself. The shutter cleaning should solve the problem.

The shutter is Petri's own design but looks similar to Copal SV shutter.

Cleaning the shutter. The shutter blades and aperture leaves will be cleaned one by one. The slow speed and self timer will be cleaned and lubed.


The shutter is good running condition after it received cleaning.

The finder adjusted and the meter checked but the finder's rangefinder image was too faint. I thought maybe Petri did not do a good job with the finder. I looked at one of the mirrors with two surfaces and it was faded at the middle. No wonder it was too faint :) I took out the mirror from a junked Petri 7S I have and replaced it.

Petri 7S finished and ready for sale.




Petri 7S feature:
* 35mm film rangefinder.
* Made in the 60's.
* Fixed lens. Petri C.C. 45mm f1.8.
* Shutter- Petri made. B, 1 sec to 1/500 sec with self-timer.
* Built in meter using selenium meter cell-requires no battery.