Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ansco Regent with Compur MXV

I took apart the Compur MXV shutter that is used on Ansco Regent. It had grease all over the shutter.
My repair manual said not to work on the aperture leaves. They were right. It had 11 aperture leaves. They are just too many but not as many as Canon Serenar lens I worked on one time. That one had 13 leaves and took me half a day to put them back. I will never work on the Serenar lens again :) 11 leaves on this Compur shutter was not so bad. The trouble was the grease on the slow speeds and the self timer. I had degreased them many times but failed to clean them. I gave up fixing on this camera.

I know one repair place told me they will remove the aperture leaves on the shutters with too many aperture leaves. I will not tell you which repair shop :) You have to make sure you have to count how many leaves are on your shutter and when it comes back :)