Monday, August 20, 2012

Voigtlander Vito Automatic I

I believe this camera was made in 1964 according to a sticker I found inside the camera.
It is a trap needle type auto exposure camera using a selenium meter. It also has manual shutter selectin and I am not sure yet how it will work as the meter is not working.

This is the very first time I saw this camera and first attempt on this repairs.

The shutter speeds are erratic and meter is not working at all.
The shutter just needed cleaning for the slow speeds.  I have no repair manual for this camera and I have to study how it is made for disassembly. Late on I will try to make a manual on how to repair this camera.


 For the meter, I have to take the finder section apart to get to the galvanometer.

Here the galvanometer is separated from the meter trap mechanism.

I found the problem. The magnet was unglued from the upper plate from old age. The trouble was putting it back because the magnet will stick to the wall :)


After some trials and errors, I put the magnet back in the center and I used the crazy glue :) because  it is instant. 

Here the meter has been return to the finder assembly. I did not have to take out the finder but it is too late now. I put some white paint at the bottom and glue it back.

I still do not know if the meter works or not and crossing my fingers.

Also, film rewind knob was not suppose to disassemble but I did it and put it back :)